Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Fate

Set my coffin in the ground, breaking the fresh dirt with a smooth, sharp razor. The tomb stone cracks and we laugh, laugh, laugh.
I climb in heartily and make myself comfortable, then pull the lid shut, shut, shut.
Darkness envelopes me, and I start crying a little.
I know I'm losing everything,
but I've lost everything.
As the pitter-pitter-pitter of dirt falling on the roof calms my nerves a little, I realize I'm being buried alive. But it's acceptable, because I'm not alive anyway. I died some time ago, and now things are just plain terrible.
"Rest in peace," a voice says next to me, and I look over to see ChrissCROSSES smiling, his hand on mine.
"Chris," I say. "What are you doing here?"
He laughs a little, wiping the tears from my eyes with his thumb.
"I promised," he said. "I'd never leave you forever."
I smile, my eyes a little red, and my nose stuffy.
"I'm about to die," I laugh. "Chris, I'm dying."
He nods his head, grazing his fingers down my wet cheek. "Then we can be dead together."

There's a pause, and I say, "I'd love that."
And that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment