Saturday, September 11, 2010

Back to the basics

Grab my hand and pull me along and say my name and sing me a song
and walk with me and you'll go slow and you'll jump up while I stay low.
Grab my wrist and start to run hold it tight and we'll have fun
and plant a smile right on your face and take too long to match my pace.

We are fleeting we are ghosts we are drinking down the coast
We are terror we are fear we are horror in the theatre
We are laughing much too loud we are giants in the clouds
We are dying we are dead we are living, go to bed.
We're not living we're not dead, we're all living in your head.
Just like dreams and just like films
We're all too grainy for the kiln.
We are nothing set in stone, we are paper, we are bone.
We are too cold for the fire, we are plotting, we conspire.

But we're laughing much too loud
and we're all sitting on a cloud.
We're all crazy in our minds
we're all taking up your time.

Mustn't see inside the book too far in to take a look.
Words are coded, words are feared.
We're all safety silent here.

No comments:

Post a Comment