Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Slut

I've lost myself to the world of she's such a slut, painfully washed up on the shores of hey little lady, sand scratching into the wounds of the nasty little Ow, OW!'s.
Wolf calls and sneering and names and touchy-feeling. 
I've stepped into a skin I've never worn before, arming myself in the easiest armour there is to wear. And it's not fair for everyone else who's used to the game, because I forgot to read the unwritten rules. I don't know which side to walk on, which words to smile at, and who to love. 
The screaming and the pounding, everyone else is used to. The pain and the loneliness...everyone else has accepted and moved on from. 
Those lights at night on the street corners beaming, everyone else has sunglasses that I can't see. 
It hurts my eyes. 
I'm no good at this.

I only look the part; my mind's too broken to play it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment