Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Hide and seek

I never had the patience for hide and seek. I didn't want to waste time finding people, and I sure as hell didn't want to spend hours hiding until they forgot about me.
But I finally understand now. The purpose of that game, I finally understand why.

Because it's practice. A test run. You're waiting until you find the perfect spot, you're waiting until they give up looking. You're waiting, you're waiting until they forget about you, until they move on. You find somewhere they'll never think to look and sit your sad self down.
You wait until everyone else is dead.

And then once the game's long over, you get out and look around. When the coast is clear, when there's no one left to find you...you've won.

This will be the ultimate game of hide and seek. I'll die waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment