Saturday, February 19, 2011

and finding.

I've been a million miles away
someplace you'll never know
but what it takes to get there
is years of sailing boats.

Over the ocean and down the pool
past whirls of ravenous hate.
The thoughts you'll cross
along this path
are the ones you cannot take.

It's people in shadows and monsters in trees
with cats and with claws and with multiple mes.
I you cannot take it I think you should leave.
These are not real people but our thoughts unleashed.

Now that you mentioned I have gone mad past flickering lights
and past ticking clocks. Now that you ask I figure you're RIGHT
that's what this is but this is the fear we from hide. So tell me please
who's after my socks; tell me who's after what think I have thoughts
tell me who's chasing my toes are on fire-- and tell me before my
tan map should expire.
Lest I get more lost before I get found.
Dogs are just wolves and people just hounds--
they told me in aeons that people are dead
but what are these thoughts which say NOW in my head?

No comments:

Post a Comment