Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Come on, skinny love, what happened here?

This afternoon I have:

Gym class: But I can't go because the lines along my thighs will give me away to my whole school.

French: But I can't go because I don't have my work done, and it's important I have it done.

Science: But I can't go because instead of science we're doing drama, on stage, in front of everyone. And I can't take that.

But I need to go because I miss too much gym, anyway. Because I was already there this morning. Because I can't miss the last practice, even if it is on stage, because my group's already mad that I'm never there, and I almost lost my drama grade.

Fuck it, I'll accept zero's all over my report card. 
I don't care. 


But I can't go 
I can't go
I can't go!


I know I have to, but I can't.
I can't, I can't, I can't.

I walk out, my head down. I ignore people saying Hi, which is rude, but fuck it, they don't mean it.
I ignore teachers telling me work's late,
telling me I missed something in class,
telling me I missed class. 
I stumble, trip, fall, and all without even moving an inch.

They don't see it, but I'm always down on the ground.
I'm always choking, gasping for air.

I'm begging for a way out.
For any way out.

Don't they know their just making it worse?


I'm sorry, mom, but I can't go.
I'm not going.
I can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment