Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Secrets and things I shouldn't know

My friend dragged me outside today. Said she wanted to hang out. Which was fine.

We walked around Queen St., nothing special. Just talked.
But there was that one thing...oh, what was it again?

Oh yeah. She said something, okay?
She told me something I shouldn't know.

Well, she's told me lotsa things I shouldn't know. But this is worse. This is so, so worse, and I shouldn't...just, just SHOULDN'T know it.
But now, I too, carry this burden on my life.

Yep, no problem. Add it to the mound of things I've collected by now. It can fit snug next to me getting kicked out of the mall and just underneath knowing about his childhood. Maybe...I mean, just try to make sure Knowing about those two kids in my school got high and had sex, broke a condom, too, doesn't fall on it and crush everything. That's a pretty heavy one, because I got a call. A phone call.
Do you know how much I hate phone calls?

But thanks, because now I have one more secret I can use to take anyone down.
I collect them, you see. And I carry them all on my shoulders and head.
Sometimes they drag me down to the ground, where my head's got too much pressure on it, it's going to crack... Yes, and sometimes it's not even worth it to know all that.
But I know two things I shouldn't about every single kid in my class, now. Even more, for some.
I know bad things about everyone, and doesn't it make me love them any less?

The thing is, I don't really give a damn about them.
Everyone tells me their secrets, because, I don't even know. They think it's something I need to know?
Maybe because they need to get it off their chest.
But.
Stupidstupid secrets, oh how I hate them so.

That's a lie.
I love my secrets. They're all mine, and too bad for anyone else.
Secrets full of secrets full of god. damned. secrets.

I love them so much, and I don't even feel guilty.
I just... I could ruin anyone.
ANYONE!

But I won't.
And that's why I know everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment