Thursday, April 1, 2010

Tricky Sleep...

I have the nightmares with snake infested waters. Ones where I'm still dry, but I'm drowning. And everyone I now and love is slowly leaving me; hating me... but there's nothing I can do about it.
And it's like, Anaconda's slither around my feet, brushing against my sanity. They're griping in all the wrong places, and I find my air knocked outta me... But the boat I'm in is sinking, and no one else seems to notice.
"Come swim with us," the tricky mermaids say.
"Come swim and chat and scream enjoy the waters."
But what they don't want me to know, as soon as I'm in they've got my ankles and my wrists and oh, they're drowning me in my OWN words. And it's all so lovely, that I wake up crying; just silent tears streaming down my face. And everything aches and pounds and it's all just bad.
But my darling-dear tells me I need more sleep. And I love her, so I close my eyes and see what my tricky mind's got in store for me.
Oh, it's nice... being afraid, day and night. And now I have to worry about those tricky mermaids.
Damn.
See? Every time I talk, something bad happens. But I need to go back to sleep; dream some more.
Nightmares; because I don't get enough of those already...

No comments:

Post a Comment