Sunday, May 30, 2010

Common Realities

When we used to race down the staircase on our butts. Rug burn all up and down our calves from the carpet.

When we'd sneak into the spare-room (your NOW bedroom) to play barbies and beanie babies.

When we'd repeat certain words or gestures, pretending they were secret code for something, and pretending we actually understood them.

When we spent countless hours trying to actually make up secret codes. 


When we take long walks together, talking about everything that's on our minds, but knowing that's not everything on each other's minds.

When someone says or does something stupid, and we give each other that little smile....

We have common realities,
common grounds,
that we both seem to walk on.

It's never been a question of whose space, or whose thoughts.
We just seem to be there. 


I'm so glad I have you Here, Tiana.
I love you.

1 comment:

  1. Viley. I wouldn't rather be anywhere else, than Here with You.

    Barbie games with commercials, with song and dance numbers, with bands and heavens.

    Walks with sand in our shoes, wind in our hair, and that faint smell of city mixed with freedom.

    Your hand fits perfectly with mine. I stopped growing so you could catch up, and you no longer fall at my elbow but now you can look me square in the eye. We walk and our feet fall in pace with each other, rightfootleftfoot. It's Us.

    You sing my song. I just sing along.

    ReplyDelete