Friday, May 28, 2010

Sunken, undercover.

That's awfully funny.

I think, you thought, for even a moment, that you understand me. 
That's really, truly, awfully funny.

There's nothing to understand, understand?
There's nothing to get, because I am no one. 
There's nothing
absolutely
absolutely
nothing
Here.

I am sunken ships you can no longer see,
hidden underwater,
as if someone drowned me.
And seaweed, and algae covers
and fish, no longer lovers.
I am in darkness, underwater.
Undercover.
And I am cold. 
But here,
here there is nothing,
no one.

Here I am alone,
so I do not exist.

Here, I am here.
But the schools of fish, of sheep,
they avoid me, walk past me,
veer away, ignore, forget about me.

I'm drowning, drowned.
Just the skeleton of a ship.
Just the skeleton, the sailors are gone.

Sunken, underwater-undercover.

It's awfully funny, to even assume you understand this analogy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment