Friday, May 28, 2010

The fight

Tie a rope
around your wrist.
While it chokes
You insist.
I am blood,
and lines I stutter.
I'm nothing more,
I'm just a cutter.
But pain is black
and bruises too.
I know I'm fat
I'm telling you.
So help me starve
each word I say
Tie them up
and hide them away.
And then it's silence,
and then it's cold.
From here, we're quiet.
From here, we're controlled.
Careful cuts
and careful cups
Of waterwaterwater
now you're telling US!
So you say to stop
to see the world.
But no one tried
to see this girl. 
While she held back
her words, her thoughts,
others drew swords
with which they fought.
They gave her darkness
they gave her fear.
So this is why
you just can't hear--


--hear her words,
they're calling out.
She's wrought with pain
from all your SHOUTS
Now you don't see
the lines so red
with string, with blood.
It's all we have.

We hide behind
these masks so white
and hide in dark,
we hide from light.
With rods inside
that hold us up
we must confide
or else we stop.

Now words grow small
and skin, and bones.
We're getting thin,
while throwing stones.
But stones are lies
and lies are short.
We're running out,
straight through the door.
As we pass through
the monsters gawk.
Making faces
with which they mock.

We're fake,
plastic
fools,
who want one thing.
But if it costs us
our life,
we will be thin. 

2 comments:

  1. I don't like that mindset.
    Switch it now.

    [Yes, switch it, because it's all about me and whatever I want becomes law.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my constant mindset. It's a little hard to change.

    ReplyDelete