Friday, July 23, 2010

Faeries are devious liars

Today I am a paper bag princess, twirling around in an over-sized tank-top/dress.
It's off-white, with a row of faded flowers along the bottom lining.

I think only of soft touches and song-birds singing; the thick green grass along the valley floor creating a sun-heated bed where I will rest my mind and sleep.
It's so silly to think I've been searching the night-sky for light when daytime comes around every so often. Daytime, where it's bright-blue skies and flittering butterflies in the softcotton voices whispering faerie tales.

I let the silence of my words be a lesson to anyone who meets me.
It's the easiest thing to do, as my voice is too quiet to be heard.

Pointless and alone,
I rest my head and day-dream at night, because no matter how soft the grass, how lovely the night-stories, how warm the air...I cannot fall asleep in this lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment