Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Honourable mentions...

#1- The kid with the Charcoal Eyes. Now, there's definitely something endearing about eyes that are completely black. Only, his weren't. But somehow, they were. It's like, his skater-clothes and calm, collected personality didn't even compare to his eyes. They were just so capturing. So, so capturing, that when I found I was staring, I didn't look away.
And the thing is, neither did he.

#2- Perky Paper Girl. The cute blonde who stands outside Bay Station handing out free papers. Yesterday, she was against the wall, and she walked up to me and handed me a paper. We made eye contact, and she was so...happy. I took the paper, said thank-you, and moved on. But when I looked back, she was still looking at me. Smiling.
So today, when I got out of the station, I walked up to her and took a paper, straight from her hand, and our hands brushed. Her words told me to have a nice day, but her smile said so much more. Besides all of that, our hands brushed! I know for a fact she meant to do that, because she had the same smile I did, and I meant to do that. Besides all of that, she's absolutely gorgeous.

#3- The Old Man who Held All the Doors for Me As We Made Our Way Into the Station. He was a very kind man, very caring. Wearing a nice shirt, and well-worn pants. He said, "It's my pleasure to hold the doors for such a lovely young lady." And no, he wasn't a creep. He was a genuine man.
I trust my judgement.

#4- Madonna Asian Lady. This old lady, probably in her 70's, who's hair was starting to turn grey, probably, had dyed her hair bleach blonde. And, she's supposed to have black hair. I don't know, but I think her eyebrows gave her up. She definitely caught my attention, and kept it.

#5- The Painting of The Distraught Bird. Outside Bay Station there is this store dedicated to naturalistic paintings. Or rather, paintings of nature and nature's creatures. So naturally (excuse my pun), there were a lot of bird paintings. And there was this one of this strange-looking bird who had the most disastrous face I'd ever seen. It looked like a lion had just ripped off the lower half of his body and was holding him down by stabbing a claw into the remaining part of his body. If I had money, I would buy ten copies of this painting. It's genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment