Saturday, March 27, 2010

Amazing/perfect/beautiful, babe...

Candle wax under my finger nails tells me that there's ways to see when the lights go out.
That, no matter what happens, I shouldn't be afraid, because there's ways around the rules.

But some things still seem dark and stingy. Like there'll always be someone lurking in dark alley ways, watching me. Someone stronger, smarter, and faster than me. Someone obviously less powerless than me.
But every time I remember you, you give me strength, and I forget to worry about people waiting to get me; tohurtme.
I forget about darkness, and silence, and darkthoughts, and people, and words, and sounds, and noise... and everything that scares me. I forget about drowning in mid-air, suspended by my words, falling from the mountain I tried to climb to get fresh air. The mountain I climbed to get away from the fire. The fire that was trying to save me from the darkness, with good intentions... burning me every step I took. Every breath I took.
I forget about all of it, and I only think about you.

When I'm focused enough to get back to the world, to see, and hear, and know and understand... when I'm not too far away from it all, not dreaming... I see you.
When I actually look?
I see you, and I'm not afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment