Monday, March 22, 2010

And it's nice, I think...

The fact is, I'm tired of being quiet, though.
I'm just so damn tired of pretending I'm not even here, that I've actually started talking again. And you know what happened?
Absolutely nothing. People don't pay any more or less attention to me than they used to. But the honest truth is, they've always paid a lot more attention to me than I thought they did.
The honest truth is sometimes people listen.
And maybe... sure, maybe they don't hear me, necessarily, but they're trying. They're listening. It's an effort, and it's more than I've ever done for them.
How do I expect anyone to hear me if I'm not talking?
How do I expect anyone to see me, if I'm spending all my time trying to be invisible?

I really can't blame anyone else for this.
It was my mistake.
My mistrust.

It was just me being a sore loser, because no one liked me.
Only... that's still true, I suppose.
But now I'm talking.
I'm saying small words.
And, la. It's good.
It's great, actually.
It's all right, I mean.
It's... it's how everything is supposed to be. It feels right.

No comments:

Post a Comment