Tuesday, March 30, 2010

stopit...

We're fighting.
We're throwing our arrow "You have to's" in flaming "You promised's". Swinging our "It's the rules" swords at your "Follow the fucking schedule!" shields.
As always, we're fighting.
But we're hiding behind mood charts and eating schedules and quirky smirks. Yeah, we're hiding all right. We're hiding in our rules and regulations, and standards and expectations.
We're lodged between our bitter structure and "Have to's", carefully wrapped up in our blankets of silence and promises that we really fuckedup intend to keep.
But all these intentions go nowhere, because we don't really care.
We're not really fixated on reaching 90.
We're not really caught up in all our work.
We're not really that in love with our music.
We're not really that into video games.
We don't really like bike riding that much.
We don't really care whether or not it all falls apart.

No, but we don't know that.
This is all so important. And, we just can't mess it up.
But what would it matter if everything fell apart, anyway?

You know I'm following our structure and eating charts. You know I'm sticking closely to the lines I need to follow.
Yes, just like I cut up my lifeline.
Just like I trace the lines with blood, so I know where I'm going.
But now I have to worry what you're going to say.
I have to worry if I have to end I can't trust you.

I will, too.
I'll do it.

You know exactly what to say to drive me off the edge.
You say it, and I'm gone.
Gone, dead.... It'll all be over

But don't worry about me. Don't worry about breaking my trust or bringing up things I really don't want to talk about. Don't worry about killing me.
This is all about you, anyway.
All about you, and no one else matters.
No, but that's a lie.

Remember when you fight me? When you're throwing out word-after-word accusations?
Remember that certain words hurt.
You remember that, and we're gold.
We're gold forever.
Nomoreair.

Ah, shit. No.
Ididn'tmeantosaythat. I meant to say that I'm fine and you're fine and WE'RE NOT FIGHTING!
No, we're not fighting and - who the fuck am I kidding?
I just want you to forget I ever said that.
Stop bringing it up.

I am over it, but you're dragging me back through it.
Pleasestop.
It hurts.
It hurts because those are my words to say, and my words to keep.
If I want them, they're mine. Stop taking away absolutely everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment